Wednesday, August 19, 2009

POSITION PAPER 2 BY SITI FARHANA BINTI ELIAS (O719618)

“ Of course religion is important. But I am a Malay first before I become a Muslim”. From the statement, I feel difficult to give the appropriate ideas. It is hard to think but I really hope that what I am going to write can make a sense. I was a firstly born as a Malay…of course. As I was a baby who knew nothing about Islam. So, I was only a Malay. I realize that I came from Malay culture’s life. Perhaps, when I was a kid, I noticed that I am a Malay, my parents and my family also Malay, communicate using Malay language, getting close with Malay’s friends and I only knew about Malay all about.
As I grow older, I learn to know Islam well than before and I find out that Islam is the best way of life. I realize that Islam is important and vital in our life. I started to obey to my religion and also I try my very best to devote the Creator of all creature to the fullest.
In my opinion, whenever we talk about Malay, we try to equate it with Islam or Muslim. Most of us have the feeling that Malay is Muslim/ Islam. But here I could say that Malay itself actually is just inherit Malay race from our parents. Malay is just one of the races and being Muslim means we behave according to Islamic ode of conduct. Religion is very important whereby we receive knowledge in order to enhance the capability to perform obligation as a Khalifah of Allah. So, here I could say that Islam is something that we must find it by ourselves. Then, as a Muslim we behave and practice Islam according to the fundamental of Islam which is al-Quran and Sunnah. Through this way, it will give a solid foundation in our Aqidah and the religious understanding. Here we can see the importance of religion and being a good Muslim.
From that statement above also, it cannot be denied I am a Malay first before I become a Muslim. But I stress here that religion is very important whereby it is begin when I know Allah (tawhid), I practice the ways to perform syariah Islam (fiqah), I learn the tracsaction of society (muamalat), and I behave good moral values (akhlak). Then I become good Muslim when I enhance myself myself with understanding the others knowledge for the sake of duniawi and ukhrawi. InsyaAllah….
To sum up, I could say that religion or being Muslim is when we receive the knowledge from Allah’s willingness then we behave and practice the knowledge that we acquired. This is what we called the true Muslim. Actually, it is such difficult things to say because Islam and being Muslim is such a general things that might not be explained with words. However, it is something come from our heart and the most important thing is taufik and hidayah given by Allah to whosoever he want to give to. So, whenever Allah swt willing to give hidayah, then he or she will get it. Through the heavenly (Islam) came from Allah swt, as a Muslim, I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, and with Islam as my Religion, and with Rasulullah saw as a Messenger of Allah. Lastly, I am glad to say that without religion our life is meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment