Wednesday, August 19, 2009

POSITION PAPER (2).
CROSS-CULTURAL COUNSELING (EDG 4008)
SUZIELAWATI BT OMAR @ ABDUL AZIZ (0816548)

“Of course religion is important. But I am a Malay first, before I become a Muslim”.
Discuss……

Religion can be defined as a belief or one of the systems of faith that are based on the belief in the existence of a particular god. Then, I assume that every human being has their own religion and belief in this world, which there is are law that stated that everyone has their right to practice their own religion. Since, in Malaysia, there is a vary religion in terms of Buddhism, Christian, Sikhism, Hinduism, and Islam as a major religion. Then, there is no constraining in Islam, as well as every people have their own right to practice their religion and belief.
Regarding to the topic above, I’m strongly disagree that I’m Malay first, before I become a Muslim. This is because our Prophet Muhammad pbuh said that:
كل مولود يولو على الفطرة, فأبواه يهودانه أو يمجسانه أو يونصرانه.......

Which means ‘Every people was born under the “Fitrah” (purity), so their parents are the most responsible in order to mould them either to be Yahudi, Majusi or Nasrani”. It is clearly told that we were born as a Muslim first, then our parents shape and educate us either to be a Malay, Chinese, and Indian and so on. On the other hand, some people might be assume that they proud to be a Malay, because Malay is a very polite and kindness person or society in Malaysia, especially. But for me, races are not very important as well as religion. As for me, other races like Chinese, Indian, or whatsoever, they also might become a Muslim as well. Then, others might be assume that religion are not so important, but for me, religion as my fundamental on this world and because of that i'm so proud to claim that i'm a Muslim first, rather than Malay.
Furthermore, in the Qur’an also described in surah Ar-Rum: 30, which means “So set thy purpose (O Muhammad) for religion as a man by nature upright-the nature (framed) of Allah, in which He hath created man. There is no altering (the laws of) Allah’s creation. That is the right religion, but most men know not”. As a matter of course, there is no doubt that man was born with religion, which is Islam. So, once we became a Muslim, we need to put the best effort in order to become a good Muslim, as well a good slave for Allah. This is because we have a great purpose in this world, which is as a preparation for the journey in the next world (Hereafter).
To sum up, there is nothing can’t be denied that all people was born under the fitrah, which means born under the Islam. This is because it is clearly stated in both Al-Quran and Hadith that all people on the entire of the world were born under the fitrah. But then, their parents mould them either to become a Muslim or vice versa. So, in my humble opinion as a Muslim, we should have a great thankful to our God because we already stand in a right path as become a Muslim since we were born because there is a lot of people outside there, which never have ‘Hidayah’ from God to become a Muslim. As we already know that in surah Al-Imran: 3, which means that the only religion was accepted by Allah is Islam. Lastly, my final impression regarding to the topic is I’m strongly disagree that I’m a Malay first because I was born under the fitrah, so I’m a Muslim first, then my parents educate and mould me to become a Malay.

1 comment: